The start of a new year is a great time to reflect on the past and set goals for the future, and as we look towards 2023 around January, it’s an opportunity to prioritize our priorities. Health and making meaningful changes in our well-being resolutions and our Lifestyle. Even if it has passed. Foodexercise or stress management, small adjustments can lead to big improvements in our overall quality of life and now is the time to scale back and make health and wellness a top priority.
In an interview with HT Lifestyle, Akshay Modi, managing director of Modi Naturals, suggested five ways to keep your body, mind and spirit happier and healthier in 2023:
1. Change your eating habits – Eating habits play an important role in determining overall health and well-being. Eating a balanced diet that includes a variety of nutrient-dense foods can help reduce the risk of chronic diseases and promote a healthy weight. An important aspect of healthy eating is choosing the right oils. There are a variety of cooking oils on the market, and a savvy consumer should choose an oil that contains olive oil, antioxidants, and a high smoke point for everyday cooking. A blended oil or multi-source oil that has the benefits of olive oil is very beneficial for health as it contains antioxidants, making it the perfect oil for Indian cooking. Another important factor is the high smoke point, which is perfect not only for everyday cooking but also for frying and deep frying. A high smoke point prevents the breakdown of fatty acids at high temperatures, making the food healthier.
Ideally, your cooking oil should also contain oryzanol, a powerful natural antioxidant that protects against heart disease by maintaining optimal cholesterol levels (lowering LDL and raising HDL). . It also helps prevent other lifestyle conditions such as diabetes, obesity and cancer. The perfect cooking oil should absorb less oil, making food lighter while remaining healthy and delicious.
2. Healthy food in a day – Breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day. However, food preferences have changed a lot over the years. The pandemic era taught us how to be more health-conscious, and dietary trends have shifted significantly from high-calorie foods to low-carb, low-fat options. A quick bowl of cereal and a slice of almond bread in the morning with a blob of protein-rich peanut butter will give you the kickstart you need to get you through the day. After all, every meal is important. Lunch can be moderate, consisting of stir-fried chicken/cheese/salmon and green vegetables over rice. Finally, dinner should be the lightest meal, with salads and soups cooked in extra virgin olive oil. If you are tired of the usual meal, you can also try making 100% durum wheat pasta with vegetables or chicken.
3. Healthy Snacking – Binge-eating has become the most popular way to enjoy the weekend while watching your favorite show on Netflix, but what are we eating? Most of us rely on ready-made, calorie-dense snacks. This year, let’s make choices that are good not only for our taste buds, but also for our bodies. Here is a healthy breakfast idea for you. Spread peanut butter on an apple or a slice of multigrain bread to make a classic, quick and delicious breakfast. Peanut butter is a healthy option and a great alternative to high-calorie cheese or mayo dip.
4. Yoga and Meditation – If you work long hours on your laptop or have a desk job, make sure to follow a strict fitness regime. Yoga and meditation are key fitness programs that can help you become strong and fit in 2023. For a long time, we have forced our bodies into rigorous exercise routines. This year let’s break free from those heavy, rigid body movements and explore more intuitive, fluid movements. They are gaining popularity well as people around the world are experiencing their physical and mental benefits. These exercises can prevent stiff muscles and reduce stress, which is a common goal for those who want to develop a positive attitude and focus on self-improvement.
5. Focus on yourself – Make 2023 the year you finally invest in yourself. Find opportunities to travel, take well-deserved breaks from work and spend time with friends and family every weekend. Remember to set aside at least an hour for yourself each day. Use stress management techniques such as deep breathing, listening to music, going for a walk, etc. Talk to your partner, friends or family about it. Use your energy to care for pets or grow your favorite plants.
Make conscious and purposeful choices like adopting sustainable practices. Choose positivity and watch the world change around you in 2023!