On the occasion of the first ‘Job Fair’ of 2023, the Prime Minister Narendra Modi Around 71,000 appointment letters were distributed to newly inducted government employees across the country under the Centre’s dedicated employment scheme on Friday. PM Modi interacted with some of the new recruits for various posts including junior engineers, technicians, sub-inspectors and stenographers.
The prime minister launched the Rozgar Mela scheme last year, which led to the creation of one million government jobs. Last year, the first batch of over 75,000 appointments was made in October, 2022 and the second batch in November, 2022 with 71,000 appointments.
Paraphrasing the proverb – the consumer is always right – PM Modi said during his address that ‘the citizen is always right’ should be the motto of good governance. He said that the central government, along with the BJP-ruled states, has been continuously organizing employment fairs and it has become the hallmark of his government.
Here are Prime Minister Modi’s top quotes from Rozgar Mela:
- We are committed to creating continuous employment and self-employment opportunities. Opportunities continue to grow with infrastructure development. This is proof of our commitment to keeping our promises.
- It is a new journey of life for those who have received the appointment letter today. Being an integral part of the Government, you will be an active participant in the journey to a developed India.
- There was a time when regular promotions were also delayed for various reasons. Changes have been made in the recruitment process of the central government. Now, recruitment process in central government is more time bound and streamlined.
- The recruitment process for central government jobs has become more systematic and time bound. The transparency and speed seen in recruitments can also be seen in the performance of the government. This instills confidence in the youth and motivates them to participate in the competition.
- When someone works in a private firm, they say it is a job. But, when someone works for the government, they are rendering a service. This sense of service will motivate the government employees and create a sense of happiness from within.
- As the county develops, self-employment opportunities increase. finished ₹10 lakh crores have been invested so far in building infrastructure, creating employment opportunities.