fbpx
18.8 C
Nirmal
Monday, January 30, 2023

Initiate process to assess loss during PFI strike: Kerala High Court

World NewsIndia NewsInitiate process to assess loss during PFI strike: Kerala High Court

The Kerala High Court on Tuesday ordered the state’s Claims Commissioner to initiate proceedings to quantify the damage caused during the flash bandh called by the banned Popular Front of India (PFI) last September and the police. He was instructed to avoid miscegenation while confiscating the property. Prohibited organization and its members.

“The Claims Commissioner will initiate proceedings to determine the quantum of loss on account of open proceedings on September 23 next week and the State of Kerala and its officials have been directed to do whatever the Commissioner may require to initiate proceedings. Provide assistance”. A bench of Justices AK Jaishankaran Nambiar and Mohammad Nias said. The court also asked the revenue and police authorities to exercise caution while confiscating properties after some complaints came to light.

The state government had submitted a district-wise breakdown of the attached properties in the court on Monday. Malappuram tops with 126 seized properties, while Kollam has the lowest with one property. A total of 248 properties were confiscated in connection with the violence.

The list of seized properties includes the banned outfit’s head office in Kozhikode, district offices and houses of several leaders, including jailed state secretary Abdul Sattar, who called for the bandh.

“As the case is being investigated by the National Investigation Agency, our task was only to ascertain the ownership of properties owned by the PFI, its affiliates and leaders. The source of income and foreign remittances, if any, the central agency. will be investigated by,” said a state government official on condition of anonymity.

The Kerala High Court had registered the case on September 23, a day after the bandh, when there was widespread violence and damage to public property in the state. 5.20 crore, the court took the government to task several times and summoned the Additional Chief Secretary last month when the state government overshot the deadline set by the court.

The court on Tuesday also directed the Additional Chief Home Secretary to furnish contact details of persons whose properties are linked to the banned outfit. The court asked the Claims Commissioner to disclose the details of the values ​​of the attached properties.

There were some complaints that the properties of some Muslim League leaders were found in the list of attached properties. The list also found the property of a PFI leader who was allegedly killed by Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh activists at least six months before the ban.

CT Ashraf, a Muslim League leader, complained that recovery notices were pasted on his house and a small plot due to mistaken identity. Revenue officials later admitted that they were looking for the properties of a PFI leader in his name.

Similar complaints have been received from Kannur and Kozhikode districts. “We have no problem with confiscating properties of PFI leaders, but agencies should not target members of the community in this way,” said PML-G general secretary PMA Salam.

Similarly, an attachment notice was also issued to deceased PFI leader A Sabir, who was allegedly killed by RSS workers on April 14 last year. He was assassinated five months before the ban and a subsequent strike by the radical organization. Apart from the elderly parents, Subir’s wife and three children live in the small house. He was reportedly killed in revenge for the killing of RSS activist Sanjit.

Four such revenge killings took place last year between PFI and RSS in Palakkad and Alappuzha districts.

PFI was founded in Kerala in 2006 and the radical organization later spread its tentacles across the country. Most of its founders and top leaders hail from Kerala.

One Muslim reformer, speaking on condition of anonymity, said he successfully exploited the vacuum in the community, playing the role of a “savior” and raising funds, particularly from oil-rich Middle Eastern countries. presented a picture of exploitation to do. Its growth in the past decade was phenomenal, the reformer said, adding that intelligence officials and some political parties were to be blamed for its massive spread.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Check Out Our Other Content

Check Out Others: