HomeNEWS'T20 is not just about batting': Bangladesh captain Najmul Hossain Shanto takes...

‘T20 is not just about batting’: Bangladesh captain Najmul Hossain Shanto takes note of Batters’ struggle in 1st T20I | Cricket news

Bangladesh were bowled out for 127 runs in the first T20I against India.© BCCI

Captain Naimul Hossain Shanto acknowledged Bangladesh’s shortcomings with the bat and failure to give the bowlers enough runs to defend during their 7-wicket defeat in the T20I series opener against India on Sunday. The aggression that was displayed by the Test team in Kanpur certainly affected the young Indian T20I team. After being put into bat, the Bangladeshi batsmen toiled hard to put runs on the board as they faced a young Indian bowling team. The Powerplay turned out to be a dry spell with the bat for Bangladesh. The openers failed to fire in their attempt to put runs on the board. Arshdeep Singh stung Bangladesh twice as the visitors crawled to 39/2 after the first six overs.

Bangladesh’s plan to play “positive cricket” backfired with the Indian bowlers increasing the intensity with every over. Shanto addressed their struggles in the powerplay and felt the need to approach the second T20I with a “proper plan”.

“Yeah, I think we didn’t start well. In T20 the first six overs are important but we didn’t do well. The plan was to play positive cricket but we had to manage some overs and how we wanted It looks like we don’t have many plans but we have to make a proper plan in the next game,” Shanto said in the post-match presentation.

“We have to focus on the rotation of the shot. T20 is not just about batting. If we keep the loopholes in hand, we can achieve a good result. We didn’t score many runs. Rishad was bowling well and Fizz was also good but we didn’t have enough runs,” he added.

Bangladesh’s cool outing with the bat made it challenging for them to put a huge total on the board. Mehidi Hasan Miraz’s late cameo of 35* runs shot Bangladesh’s score to 127.

In reply, India’s aggression saw them chase down the target by more than eight overs.

(Except for the headline, this story was not edited by NDTV staff and was published by a syndicated channel.)

Topics mentioned in this article

NIRMAL NEWS – SOURCE

Stay Connected
16,985FansLike
2,458FollowersFollow
61,453SubscribersSubscribe
Must Read
Related News

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here